- Paramedics responded on time but were unable to save the boy.
- The Fort Worth Fire Department ruled that it was possibly a tragic accident.
A Kenyan family living in the US is mourning after their child fell off a third-floor balcony and died.
The boy, identified as Prince Malcolm Nyangenya, died at the Post Oak East Apartments in Euless, Texas, on Wednesday afternoon after he was left unattended for a few seconds, Fox4 News TV reported.
Relatives said the three-year-old boy had been playing with two others under the close watch of their grandmother before tragedy struck.
Grace Achira told reporters that the child’s father, Job Nyangenya, had left his mother to babysit the children as he took a nap after work.
But when the elderly woman took her eyes off the toddler for a few seconds, he fell off the railings to the ground below and died.
The Fort Worth Fire Department said the child may have climbed over furniture before going over the railing and ruled that it was possibly a tragic accident. Investigations are under way, according to police.
A family friend, Roselyne Nyakona, told Nation.co.ke by phone from the US that paramedics and relatives responded on time but were unable to save the boy.