President Uhuru Kenyatta and his Deputy William Ruto on Friday held a rally at Burma Market in Nairobi just hours after the Supreme Court nullified their win.
He used the rally to launch a scathing attack at the Supreme Court for nullifying his win in the August 8 General Election.
Addressing supporters in Swahili, President Kenyatta who was accompanied by his Deputy William Ruto, Garissa Town MP Aden Duale among other Jubilee leaders threw at least two barbs at the court to express his displeasure at the judgement.
In one instance, he called the judges wajuaji (know-it-alls) as he explained to cheering supporters how Jubilee Party had won the majority of elective seats in the General Election.
“We say ‘thank you’. But there are few people who are sitting there thinking they are know-it-alls. But we have said that because we believe in peace and because we believe we have the law, let them say what they want to say,” he said.
“Those five, six people, because it is Kenyans who will still decide, should wait for us after citizens decide,” added President Kenyatta.
He also explained what title he held after the court declaration.
“The good thing about the law is that previously I was President-elect. Si Maraga na watu yake, hawa wakora hawa amesema ati basi hiyo uchaguzi upotee (But now [Justice] Maraga and his trickster colleagues have said that the election is invalid),” he said.
The crowd cheered as he went on to explain that he is not a president-elect but a full-fledged president.