In Summary
  • Her two children escaped through a window.
  • The neighbours said her room was engulfed in smoke following the explosion.
  • One of the children was admitted to the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital

A 45-year-old woman died Wednesday night in Mwanzo estate in Eldoret, Uasin Gishu County after allegedly inhaling smoke produced by a refrigerator which exploded in her house.

Police said they are investigating Susan Njoki’s death although preliminary investigations indicated that she could have suffocated after gas from the explosion filled her house at night while she was asleep.

Her two children escaped through a window.

Eldoret explosion

Shocked neighbours at the house of Susan Njoki who died after a refrigerator exploded and the ensuing smoke suffocating her to death. PHOTO | JARED NYATAYA | NATION MEDIA GROUP

DOOR LOCKED

Page 1 of 2