- The case was filed by over 20 matatu saccos and Nairobi Senator Johnson Sakaja.
- The judge directed the plaintiffs to serve court papers to NTSA, county government and the police for response.
- The petitioners told the judge that no public hearings were conducted to receive views on the matter.
The High Court has declined to suspend the ban on matatus accessing the Nairobi central business district which was effected Monday following an order by Governor Mike Sonko.
Justice Pauline Nyamweya Monday declined to suspend the ban in a case filed by matatu saccos aggrieved by the order restraining them from dropping and picking passengers in the CBD.
Declining to grant a temporary reprieve in the case filed by Nairobi Senator Johnson Sakaja and the matatatu saccos, Justice Nyamweya said the ban had been published in the Kenya Gazette in November 2017.
“It well over six months and you are now filing a case to challenge the ban that matatus should drop passengers outside the CBD,” Justice Nyamweya ruled.
But she directed lawyers Duncan Okatchi, Duncan Akulia and Jackson Ikua to serve the court papers on the Nairobi City County government, the National Transport and Safety Authority and National Police Service so that they respond to the issues raised in the suit.