- The Assets Recovery Agency filed an application arguing that it had grounds to believe that the funds were stolen from the National Youth Service.
- Court documents show the amounts were deposited between January 2016 and March 2018. She was appointed principal secretary on December 18, 2015.
Former Youth and Gender Principal Secretary Lillian Omollo wants orders freezing her accounts varied.
In the application, Ms Omollo argues that the orders granted last year are causing her hardship.
When the case came up for mention before Justice Hedwig Ong’udi on Wednesday, the parties sought more time to respond to an application filed by Equity Bank, which is to be enjoined as an interested party in the case.
The bank said through its legal services manager Kariuki King’ori that it is ready to abide by the orders of the court.
In her application filed in December, Ms Omollo, through lawyer Stephen Ligunya, wants the court to vary the orders freezing her accounts and for the court to allow her to withdraw Sh6.8 million from the accounts.
She said the amount would go towards quarterly annual payments, which include servicing a loan at Kenya Commercial Bank of Sh150,000, school fees amounting to Sh5.2 million, more school fees for three dependants of Sh139,800 and payment of domestic workers of Sh219,000.