- Turkey defence ministry say preparations for an operation have been completed.
- Erdogan had earlier said the operation could come at any moment "without warning".
- Trump tweeted that he would "obliterate" Turkey's economy if it did anything he did not like.
Turkey's preparations for an offensive in northern Syria have been "completed", the defence ministry said Tuesday, after confusing signals from the US over whether it would allow an operation.
US President Donald Trump ordered the withdrawal of US troops from Turkey's border with Syria after a phone call with his counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
The Turkish president has repeatedly threatened to attack Kurdish militants in northern Syria due to their ties with separatists in his own country.
"All of the preparations for an operation have been completed," the Turkish defence ministry tweeted, hours after US forces withdrew from the border area.
Erdogan had earlier said the operation could come at any moment "without warning".